Monday, September 25, 2017
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) cleared the conduct of the 2017 Updating of List of Aquaculture Farms through the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS) on
13 September 2017.
The listing aims to update the list of aquaculture farms based on three (3) sources, namely the Aquaculture Farms Inventory (AqFI), 2012 Census of Agriculture and Fisheries (CAF), and Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) List of Aquafarms. It also aims to generate a sampling frame for the quarterly surveys on aquaculture.
The listing will be conducted from
2 October to 29 November 2017 covering 81 provinces and the National Capital Region (NCR). Data items to be collected from the listing include:
- Culture system
- Management system
- Area of aquaculture farm
- Volume of aquaculture farm
- Species cultured
- Location of the aquaculture farm
A budget amounting to
PhP 29.4 million to cover maintenance and other operating expenses, travelling expenses, supplies, and printing expenses will be utilized.
The listing was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of
Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of RA No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins all aquaculture farm operators to participate in the said activity.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division (SSD) of the Standards Service (SS) with telephone numbers
(02) 376-1928 and (02) 376-1931, and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
LISA GRACE S. BERSALES, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
See more at the Statistical Survey Review Clearance System (SSRCS) landing page.