Monday, March 5, 2018
On 20 February 2018, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) granted clearance to the conduct of the Survey of Metalworking Industry: Forging Sector of the Metals Industry Research Development Center (MIRDC) under the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).
The survey aims to determine the prevailing conditions of the forging industry needed to come up with a comprehensive analysis of its performance. Through the survey, the level of competitiveness of the forging industry will be examined by means of efforts to upgrade facilities, build capabilities, and attract investors, among others. Results of the survey will serve as inputs in formulating practical action plans and recommendations to strengthen and improve the competitive performance of the local forging industry.
The data items to be collected in the survey include the following:
- general information of establishments
- employment of establishments
- export market
- indicator such as production and sales
- equipment, instruments utilized and raw materials used
- problems, issues and concerns in Machining Sector
- business outlook and plans
The survey will collect data from forging shops and companies located in the National Capital Region (NCR), Region III (Central Luzon), and Region IVA (CALABARZON) starting from March 2018. A total budget of Php 265,000.00 will be utilized for personal services and maintenance and other operating expenses (MOOE) such as travelling expenses, supplies and printing of materials.
Results of the survey are expected to be released in June 2018.
The survey was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins forging shops/companies in the concerned regions to support the said survey.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division (SSD) of the Standards Service (SS) with telephone numbers
(02) 376-1928 and (02) 376-1931, and email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LISA GRACE S. BERSALES, Ph.D
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
See more at the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS) landing page.