Private Education

2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry - Private Education for Establishment of All Employment Sizes : Final Results

Secondary education sector has the largest number of establishments

A total of 13,921 Private Education establishments were covered in the 2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry (CPBI) conducted nationwide. Of the total, 10,048 establishmentsor 72.2 % had total employment (TE) of less than 20. The remaining 27.8 percent or 3,873 establishments had a TE of 20 and over.

2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Private Education : Final Results

Higher education sector has the largest number of establishments

Final results of the 2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) conducted nationwide covered a total of 9,949 establishments engaged in private education. As shown in Figure 1, higher education garnered the highest number of establishments at 2,583 (26.0%). Secondary/high school education followed next with 2,547 (25.6%) while the least number of establishments were recorded in other education services with 1,082 (10.9%).

2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry - Private Education for Establishments with Total Employment of 20 and Over : Preliminary Results

Majority of establishments are engaged in secondary/high school education

The 2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) covered a total of 3,012 establishments with total employment of 20 and over for Private Education.

As shown in Table 1, establishments involved in secondary/high school education recorded the biggest number, accounting for 1,248 or 41.4 percent of the total. Higher education ranked second with 1,214 establishments (40.3%) while primary/elementary education followed with 309 establishments (10.3%). Other education services recorded the least number with 98 establishments (3.3%). Figure 1 shows the distribution of Private Education establishments by industry group.

2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Private Education Services : Preliminary Results

A total of 8,856 establishments providing private education services nationwide were reported in the 2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI), around 6,796 establishments (76.7%) had an average total employment (ATE) of less than 20. The remaining 2,060 or 23.3 percent had an average total employment of 20 and over.

Majority of these establishments (46.8%) were private elementary schools (PSIC M811); followed by private secondary education establishments (M812) with 18.7 percent; private technical and vocational post-secondary schools offering non-degree education (M813), 14.6 percent; private higher education establishments (M814), 12.7 percent; and private adult and other education establishments (M815) with only 7.1 percent of the total count. See Figure 1 for the distribution of establishments by average total employment and by industry group.

2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Private Education Services : Preliminary Results

The number of establishments in private education service activities reached 8,900 in 2003. Establishments with an average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 dominated the sector with 6,813 or 76.6 percent of the total. The remaining 2,087 establishments or 23.4 percent had an average total employment of 20 and over.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Private Education