- From among various time-rated workers on full-time basis, aircraft pilots, navigators and flight engineers received the highest monthly wage rate in the amount of P116,714 in 2016
- This was followed by securities and finance dealers and brokers with monthly pay of P89,831.Civil engineers and actuaries came next in the 3rd and 4th slots with P68,957 and P60,477, respectively.
- Other highly paid occupations in 2016 include computer programmers (P52,331); system analysts and designers (P51,069); computer engineers (P49,335); accountants and auditors (P47,756); production supervisors and general foremen (P47,101); and statisticians (P41,480).
|RANK||SPECIFIC OCCUPATION||Ave. Monthly Wage Rate (P)|
|1||Aircraft Pilots, Navigators and Flight Engineers||116,714|
|2||Securities and Finance Dealers and Brokers||89,831|
|6||System Analysts and Designers||51,069|
|8||Accountants and Auditors||47,756|
|9||Production Supervisors and General Foremen||47,101|
Source: 2016 Occupational Wages Survey (OWS).
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Clerks
- The average monthly wage rate of accounting and bookkeeping clerks for all industries in 2016 was P14,663, slightly higher by 4.8 percent compared to P13,994 in 2014 (Table 2).
- Classified by major industry group, accounting and bookkeeping clerks engaged in information and communications industry received the highest average monthly wage rate in the amount of P21,492, which was P6,829 higher than the P14,663 average monthly wage rate for all industries during the year.
- The wage rates in agriculture, forestry and fishing was P11,162 per month.
2. Unskilled Workers (Except Janitors, Messengers and Freight Handlers)
- The average monthly wage rate for unskilled workers for all industries reached P10,162 in 2016. This is relatively higher than the P9,652 average wage rates posted in 2014.
- Unskilled workers employed in professional, scientific and technical activities were paid the highest average monthly wage rate of P13,010, which was 28.1 percent higher than the P10,158 wage rates for all industries.
- Meanwhile, the average monthly wage rate in the mining and quarrying industry was registered at P7,541.
|2009 Phil. Standard Industrial Classification (PSIC) Code||MAJOR/SELECTED INDUSTRY GROUP||AVERAGE MONTHLY WAGE RATE (P)|
|Accounting and Bookkeeping Clerks||Unskilled Workers Except Janitors, Messengers and Freight Handlers|
|A||Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||11,162||7,836|
|B||Mining and Quarrying||16,068||7,541|
|D35||Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply||21,395||11,605|
|E||Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities||20,679||9,299|
|G||Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles||12,360||9,645|
|H||Transportation and Storage||16,665||10,181|
|I55/I56||Accommodation and Food Service Activities||13,705||9,449|
|J||Information and Communications||21,492||12,923|
|K||Financial and Insurance Activities||14,555||8,580|
|L68||Real Estate Activities||15,312||9,497|
|M||Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities||18,161||13,010|
|N||Administrative and Support Service Activities||17,451||11,748|
|P85||Education Except Public Education||15,222||9,096|
|Q||Human Health and Social Work Activities||12,597||9,717|
|R||Arts, Entertainment and Recreation||19,382||10,538|
|S95/S96||Repair of Computers and Personal and Household Goods; Other Personal Service Activities||15,509||7,825|
Source: 2016 Occupational Wages Survey (OWS).
MEDIAN MONTHLY BASIC PAY OF TIME-RATED WORKERS ON FULL-TIME BASIS
- The median monthly basic pay of time-rated workers on full-time basis was posted at P12,013 in 2016, an increase of 2.2 percent from P11,756 in 2014 (Table 3).
- By major industry group, ten (10) out of the 18 selected industries in 2016 had higher median monthly basic pay than the all industries level of P12,013.
- Specifically, time-rated workers in information and communications industry received the highest median monthly basic pay in both 2016 and 2014 with P21,399 and P22,262,
respectively. This was followed by employees involved in electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply with P20,400.
- Median monthly basic pay in agriculture, forestry and fishing was registered at P7,927 which was lower than the P8,449 received in 2014.
TABLE 3 – Median Monthly Basic Pay of Time-Rate Workers on Full-Time Basis by Major Industry Group, Philippines: 2014 and 2016
|2009 Phil. Standard Industrial Classification (PSIC) Code||MAJOR/SELECTED INDUSTRY GROUP||MEDIAN MONTHLY BASIC PAY (P)|
|A||Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||7,927||8,449|
|B||Mining and Quarrying||10,980||9,415|
|D35||Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply||20,400||17,961|
|E||Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities||13,478||12,720|
|G||Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles||11,396||11,288|
|H||Transportation and Storage||12,665||12,479|
|I55/I56||Accommodation and Food Service Activities||10,339||11,337|
|J||Information and Communications||21,399||22,262|
|K||Financial and Insurance Activities||16,820||15,400|
|L68||Real Estate Activities||15,892||14,795|
|M||Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities||19,576||17,612|
|N||Administrative and Support Service Activities||13,210||12,384|
|P85||Education Except Public Education||13,967||12,766|
|Q||Human Health and Social Work Activities||11,434||10,856|
|R||Arts, Entertainment and Recreation||11,434||10,735|
|S95/S96||Repair of Computers and Personal and Household Goods; Other Personal Service Activities||12,173||11,748|
Source: 2014 and 2016 Occupational Wages Survey (OWS).