The Integrated Survey on Labor and Employment (ISLE) is a biennial establishment-based survey of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) that provides users with data related to employment, industrial relations and labor standards practices across all major industry groups.
The statistics produced from the ISLE serve as inputs to relevant government offices for evidence-based policy and program formulation, and in monitoring progress and assessing the impacts of their development programs on labor and employment.
This publication is the first issue that presents the highlights of the eight (8) modules of the 2017/2018 ISLE namely:
(1) Unionism and Collective Bargaining
(2) Employment of Specific Groups of Workers;
(3) Occupational Shortages and Surpluses,
(4) Training of Workers
(5) Productivity Improvement Program and Gainsharing Practices,
(6) Employees Compensation Program:
(7) Occupational Safety and Health Practices, and
(8) Occupational Injuries and Diseases.
DENNIS S. MAPA, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General