Customer Satisfaction Survey - June 2011

Reference Number: 

2011-2

Release Date: 

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NSO's Net Satisfaction Rating stood at +68.0 percent

The satisfaction rating in June 2011 stood at 71.8 percent, a slight differential of 0.2 percentage point from previous quarter's rate of 72.0 percent. According to the results of the June 2011 survey round, the NSO's civil registry services at this period received almost the same level of satisfaction rating (72.1 percent) from its clients in the same period last year (June 2010). The Satisfaction ratings in September and December 2010 were registered at 77.6 percent and 81.9 percent, respectively. Satisfaction rating is measured as the percentage of clients surveyed during the reference period who were either satisfied or very satisfied with NSO's civil registry services.

The net satisfaction rating improved by 0.1 percentage point to +68.0 percent in June 2011 from +67.9 percent net satisfaction rating registered in March 2011. Net satisfaction rating refers to the difference between the proportion of satisfied and dissatisfied clients.

In June 2011, there were 1,036,626 total number of transactions served nationwide and 36.8 percent of which or 381,427 transactions were processed and released in Metro Manila service areas covered by the survey. The areas covered include the NSO Civil Registration Service Areas in East Avenue, Quezon City (Application, Releasing, Endorsement, Party Waiting, and Travel Agency areas) and the five (5) other Metro Manila Outlets (Makati, Caloocan, Muntinlupa, Pasig, and Pasay Census Serbilis Centers).

The NSO Civil Registration Service Areas in East Avenue, Quezon City were rated slightly better as more clients (71.8%) felt satisfied or very satisfied with the civil registry services they received. On the other hand, the proportion of satisfied clients in other Metro Manila Outlets was estimated at about the same rate of 70.6 percent.

QUEUEING TIME

The number of clients who reported to have been served within 30 minutes improved by 2 percentage points to 32 percent in June 2011 from 32 percent in March 2011.

Five (5) of the service areas covered by the survey experienced improvement in the proportion of clients who reported to have been served within 30 minutes during the survey period, the other remaining five (5); Releasing, Endorsement, Pasig, Caloocan and Muntinlupa Census Serbilis Outlets suffered decreases from its previous month's proportion. The Travel Agency service area got the biggest proportion (91 percent) of clients served within 30 minutes during the survey period.

The largest increase was observed at the Travel Agency area (37 percentage points) while the biggest decrease in the proportion of clients served within 30 minutes were seen in the Endorsement area (18 percentage points).

CLIENTS' PROFILE

Six in every ten (61.0 percent) respondents/clients were female; about a quarter or 24.2 percent were within the 20 to 24 age group; and with at least college education (62.3 percent). Majority of the respondents/clients reported to be unemployed (56.5 percent). About three of every four (74.3 percent) resided in Metro Manila while the remaining 25.7 percent came from areas outside Metro Manila.

About 27 percent of the clients secured civil registry documents as a requirement for the issuance of passport. Other reasons given were for: Local Employment (19.1 percent), School (17.6 percent), Embassy (15.0 percent) and GSIS/SSS (8.7 percent). About 70 percent of the NSO clients requested for the issuance of birth certificate while a number of clients (20 percent) reported to have availed the civil registry services of NSO to secure a copy issuance of marriage certificate.

 

Tags: