Skip to main content
Release Date :
Reference Number :

Duck production from April to June 2022 was recorded at 6.29 thousand metric tons, liveweight. This indicates an annual decline of -7.5 percent relative to its previous year’s level of 6.81 thousand metric tons, liveweight.

Central Luzon was the top producer of duck during the quarter with 1.46 thousand metric tons, liveweight or 23.1 percent share.

Completing the top five (5) major producing regions and their corresponding volume of production were:

  1. SOCCSKSARGEN with 1.16 thousand metric tons, liveweight;
  2. Northern Mindanao with 0.88 thousand metric tons, liveweight;
  3. Western Visayas with 0.64 thousand metric tons, liveweight; and
  4. Cagayan Valley with 0.57 thousand metric tons, liveweight.

These regions accounted for 74.7 percent of the country’s total duck production.

In comparison to their levels in the same quarter of 2021, nine (9) regions exhibited declines in production during the quarter. Caraga recorded the biggest annual decline of -64.0 percent from 34.00 metric tons, liveweight in the same period of the previous year to 12.00 metric tons, liveweight this quarter.

As of 30 June 2022, the total duck inventory reached 13.57 million birds. This was 4.0 percent higher compared with the previous year’s same period count of 13.05 million birds. Stocks in backyard farms grew by  28.5 percent, while stocks in commercial farms declined by -43.8 percent. Of the total duck population, 81.7 percent were raised in backyard farms, while the remaining 18.3 percent came from commercial farms. Mallard duck had the highest share in the total duck population with 77.9 percent, while muscovy duck and pekin duck shared 20.8 percent and 1.3 percent, respectively. 

In terms of duck inventory, the top three regions were Central Luzon, SOCCSKSARGEN, and Cagayan Valley with a total share of 56.0 percent.


The average farmgate price of duck in commercial farms was PhP 101.76 per kilogram, liveweight for this quarter. This was 17.5 percent higher than the previous year’s same quarter quotation of PhP 86.63 per kilogram, liveweight. (Figure 4)

During the reference period, the highest farmgate price was recorded in June at PhP 102.22 per kilogram, liveweight, while the lowest was quoted in May at PhP 100.89 per kilogram, liveweight. 



National Statistician and Civil Registrar General



This Duck Situation Report presents the duck industry in terms of volume of production, inventory by region, and average farmgate prices. The report is prepared to serve as a ready reference for the various clients and stakeholders in the agriculture sector of the Philippine Statictics Authority (PSA). It is released quarterly, that is, every February, May, August, and November.

Concepts and Definitions

Volume of production refers to the number of tended/raised duck disposed for dressing including animals shipped-out for dressing. This is expressed in metric tons, liveweight.

Inventory refers to the actual number of duck present in the farm as of a specific reference date.

Farmgate price refers to the price received by raisers for their produce at the location of farm.  Thus, the marketing cost, such as transport and other marketing costs (if any) incurred in selling the produce, are not included in the farmgate prices. The 2020 to 2021 farmgate prices included in this special release were sourced from the Price Statistics Division (PSD), while the 2022 farmgate prices were based on the surveys of Livestock and Poultry Statistics Division (LPSD).

Attachment Size
PDF Duck Situation Report, April-June 2022 472.01 KB

Related Contents

Duck Situation Report, January to March 2023

The January to March 2023 duck production was estimated at liveweight, indicating a decline of from the liveweight output in the same period of 2022. (Figure 1) During the period, Central Luzon…

Duck Situation Report, October-December 2022

Total duck production from October to December 2022 was estimated at 7.08 thousand metric tons, liveweight. This was higher by 4.3 percent than the previous year’s same quarter output of 6.79…

Duck Situation Report, July-September 2022

The country’s total duck production decreased to liveweight in the third quarter of 2022, from liveweight in the same quarter of the previous year. The growth rate further declined to from the…