Table A. Year-on-Year Growth Rates of the GRPI in NCR, All Items,
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority
Figure 1. Growth Rates of the GRPI in NCR, All Items
December 2019 - December 2020
GRPI in NCR slows down in December 2020
The annual increase of GRPI in NCR eased to 1.1 percent in December 2020, from 1.3 percent in the previous month. Its annual rate in December 2019 was posted at 1.7 percent. (Table A and Table 2)
A downtrend was still noted in the index of mineral fuels, lubricants and related materials as its annual rate declined further by -6.3 percent in December 2020. In addition, annual increments were slower in the indices of the following commodity groups during the month:
- Food, 2.0 percent;
- Crude materials, inedible except fuels, 1.7 percent;
- Chemicals, including animal and vegetable oils and fats, 0.1 percent;
- Manufactured goods classified chiefly by materials, 1.1 percent; and
- Miscellaneous manufactured articles, 0.4 percent.
On the other hand, annual hike in the index of beverages and tobacco was higher at 6.1 percent, while the index of machinery and transport equipment retained its zero percent annual growth during the month. (Table 2)
The overall annual average rate of GRPI in NCR slowed down to 1.2 percent in 2020, from 1.6 percent in 2019.
The annual average rate of the index of mineral fuels, lubricants and related materials went down by -7.6 percent in 2020. Moreover, annual average growth rates in 2020 decelerated in the indices of the following commodity groups:
- Food, 2.3 percent;
- Crude materials, inedible except fuels, 1.6 percent;
- Chemicals, including animal and vegetable oils and fats, 0.5 percent; and
- Machinery and transport equipment, 0.1 percent.
On the other hand, annual average upticks were higher in the indices of beverages and tobacco, and miscellaneous manufactured articles at 4.7 percent and 0.9 percent, respectively. The index of manufactured goods classified chiefly by materials retained its previous annual average rate of 1.4 percent. (Table 2)
See more at the General Retail Price Index Main page.