Skip to main content
Release Date :
Reference Number :

Household population comprised 99.6 percent of the total population

  • The household population of the Philippines reached 100.57 million persons in 2015. This is 8.48 million higher than the 92.10 million household population reported in 2010, and 24.24 million more than the 76.33 million household population posted in 2000.
  • The household population comprised 99.6 percent of the total Philippine population, while the remaining 0.4 percent is comprised of the institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, orphanages, and military camps; and Filipinos in Philippine embassies, consulates, and missions abroad. Refer to Table A and Figure 1.




Number of households increased by 2.80 million from 20.17 million in 2010 to 22.98 million in 2015

  • The total number of households in the country in 2015 was recorded at 22.98 million, higher by 2.80 million compared with 20.17 million in 2010 and by 7.70 million compared with 15.28 million in 2000. See Table B and Figure 2.
  • Among the country’s administrative 18 regions, Region IV-A (CALABARZON) had the most number of households with 3.40 million, followed by the National Capital Region (NCR) with 3.10 million and Region III (Central Luzon) with 2.57 million. The Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) posted the least number of households with 396 thousand. Refer to Table 1.

Average household size was 4.4 persons in 2015

  • The country’s average household size (AHS) decreased from 4.6 persons in 2010 to 4.4 persons in 2015. In 2000, there were 5.0 persons, on average, per household.
  • The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) registered the highest AHS of 6.1 persons, followed by Region V (Bicol) with 4.8 persons. The lowest AHS was recorded in the NCR and Region XI (Davao), both with 4.1 persons.



Attachment Size
Word document Table 1.docx 13.67 KB
Excel spreadsheet Table 2.xlsx 104.08 KB

Related Contents

Ethnicity in the Philippines (2020 Census of Population and Housing)

About one in every four (26.0%) of the 108.67 million household population in 2020 reported Tagalog as their ethnicity. Other major ethnicities were Bisaya/Binisaya (14.3%), Ilocano and Cebuano (8.0…

More than 50 million have Access to the Internet (2020 Census of Population and Housing)

Of the 26,374,653 households, 56.1 percent or 14,794,590 households reported that they have access to the internet. (Table B and Figure 1) Among the 17 regions, National Capital Region (NCR) had the…

Household Characteristics (2020 Census of Population and Housing)

In the 2020 Census of Population and Housing (2020 CPH), about 50.7 percent of the 26.4 million households had their kitchen garbage picked up by garbage trucks. On the other hand, 16.3 percent…