Tuesday, January 30, 2018
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) approved the clearance for the conduct of the 2018 National Migration Survey (NMS) on 19 January 2018.
The 2018 NMS aims to provide a nationally representative baseline data on migration in the Philippines. The survey will collect data on internal and international migration which would be used to:
- estimate international and inter-regional migration flows and major migration streams;
- examine different types of migration and characteristics of migrants;
- determine levels, patterns, and processes of migration; and
- identify factors that affect levels, patterns, and processes of migration.
A total of 45,000 households and 45,000 individuals will be selected for the 2018 NMS. The survey will utilize a total of Php 79.35 million for personal services, maintenance and other operating expenses, and capital outlay. The conduct of the survey is tentatively scheduled from June to August 2018 while the results are expected to be released in May 2019.
The survey was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins the public to support the said survey.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division (SSD) of the Standards Service (SS) with telephone numbers
(02) 376-1928 and (02) 376-1931, and email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LISA GRACE S. BERSALES, Ph.D
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
See more at the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS) landing page.