The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) granted clearance for the conduct of the 2023 Updating of the List of Establishments (ULE). This statistical Activity is a regular undertaking by the PSA to provide updated and reliable sampling frame for the establishment and enterprise-based census and surveys.
Data from the List of Establishments (LE) are used by the government in the formulation of policy recommendations and in monitoring and implementation of industry development programs in the country as well as by the private sector.
An establishment, which is the unit of enumeration, is defined as an economic unit which engages in one or predominantly one kind of economic activity; under single ownership or control, that is under a single legal entity; and, at a single fixed physical location.
Data items to be collected in the listing activity are the following:
- Business and Registered Name;
- Business Tax Identification Number;
- Business Address;
- Contact Information;
- Economic Area;
- Economic Activity or Business;
- Year Started Operation;
- Legal Organization;
- Nationality of Owner/Major Stockholder/Contributor;
- Sex of the Person Holding the Highest Position;
- Economic Organization;
- Name and Address of Main Office;
- List of Branches;
- Total Assets;
- Name and Address of Parent Company;
- Total Employment and Paid Employees;
- Workers on Sub-Contract Agreement or Under Manpower Agencies/Contractors;
- E-Commerce Transactions;
- Financial Support/Aid; and
- Engagement in Rice and Corn Trading, Crop Growing and Livestock and Poultry.
The 2023 ULE was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
The updating activity will be conducted from 02 May to 31 July 2023 and will cover an estimate of 1.6 million establishments nationwide. The 2023 ULE is also a preparatory activity to the 2023 Census of Philippine Business and Industry which will be conducted in 2024.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins all establishment business units to support the nationwide conduct of the 2023 ULE by providing the required information. Authorized PSA interviewers will visit establishments to conduct personal interview. In the case where personal interview is not possible, options to provide information through other modes are available such as Self-Administered Questionnaire in either printed form or fillable-pdf format and Accomplishment of Online Inquiry Form.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division of the Standards Service with telephone numbers (02) 8376-1928 and (02) 8376-1931, and email address email@example.com.
DENNIS S. MAPA, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
See more at the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS) landing page.