The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) approved the conduct of the Survey on the Awareness of Households on the Philippine Competition Act (PCA) and the Philippine Competition Commission (PCC) on 25 June 2019.
The survey will be conducted by the PSA in behalf of the PCC to determine the awareness of households on the PCC and as well as their mandate and the level of involvement in PCC-related activities. Results of the survey will be used to guide the PCC in designing strategies to enhance its advocacy for use in informing the private firms on the contribution of market competition in improving consumer welfare and in enhancing market efficiency.
The survey is a rider to the July 2019 round of the Labor Force Survey (LFS) and will interview a total of 45,000 households nationwide.
Major data items that will be collected from the survey include the following:
- General information on households
- Awareness on the PCC and its responsibilities
- Awareness on the Philippine Competition Act (PCA)
- Perception on anti-competitive behaviors
The survey was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the public is enjoined to support the survey.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division (SSD) of the Standards Service (SS) with telephone numbers
(02) 376-1928 and (02) 376-1931, and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
DENNIS S. MAPA, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
See more at the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS) landing page.