The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) granted clearance for the conduct of the 2023 Updating of List of Aquaculture Farms (ULAF) to provide a reliable and timely sampling frame for aquaculture surveys.
Major data items to be collected on the listing activity are as follows:
- aquafarm name and address;
- name and address of the operator;
- legal form of organization;
- type of aquafarm;
- water environment;
- culture system;
- management system;
- area of aquafarm;
- volume of fish tank, fish cage, fish pen; and
- type of species.
A total of PhP 146.6 million will be utilized to collect information about aquafarms nationwide on July to August 2023.
The 2023 ULAF was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins all the aquaculture farm operators to participate in the survey by providing the required information to the authorized PSA interviewers who will visit the aquaculture farm to conduct a personal interview.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division of the Standards Service with telephone numbers (02) 8376-1928 and (02) 8376-1931, and email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
DENNIS S. MAPA, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
See more at the Statistical Survey Review and Clerance System (SSRCS) landing page.