Monday, September 9, 2019
- As of 01 August 2019, total rice stocks was 2,133.84 thousand metric tons, higher than the previous year's level of 1,520.76 thousand metric tons or by 40.3 percent. In contrast, rice stocks inventory was down by 18.7 percent from the previous month's level of 2,625.25 thousand metric tons (Table 1).
- This month’s rice stocks in all sectors were higher compared with their respective levels in the previous year. Stocks in the households and commercial warehouses increased by 6.2 percent and 30.7 percent, respectively. Consistenly, stocks in NFA depositories displayed a substantial increase of 355.8 percent (Table 1).
- Compared with the previous month, rice stocks inventory in the households, commercial warehouses and NFA depositories were down by 21.4 percent, 20.0 percent and 10.8 percent, respectively (Table 1).
- Of this month’s total rice stocks, 37.1 percent were in the households, 41.2 percent were in commercial warehouses, and 21.6 percent in NFA depositories.
- The total corn stocks as of 01 August 2019 was 724.08 thousand metric tons, lesser by 40.7 percent than the previous year’s inventory level of 1,221.91 thousand metric tons. Likewise, this was lower by 12.0 percent than the 822.70 thousand metric tons inventory in the previous month (Table 2).
- Compared with their levels in the previous year, corn stocks in the households went up by 32.9 percent while it decreased by 45.2 percent in commercial warehouses. For this month, there were no corn stocks in NFA depositories (Table 2).
- Of this month’s corn stocks inventory, household stocks increased by 52.5 percent. On the other hand, stocks in commercial warehouses decreased by 17.2 percent. There were no corn stocks in NFA depositories for the month (Table 2).
- At present, total corn stocks included 12.9 percent from the households and 87.1 percent from commercial warehouses.
ROSALINDA P. BAUTISTA
Deputy National Statistician
Sectoral Statistics Office