As of September 30, 2015, the total number of barangays in the country increased from 42,029 as of June 30, 2015 to 42,036 with the establishment of seven (7) barangays in the City of San Pedro, in the province of Laguna. The new barangays and their corresponding codes are:
|San Larenzo Ruiz||043425029|
|September 30, 2015||June 30, 2015|
- Negros Island Region (NIR) was created on May 29, 2015 and was assigned a Philippine Standard Geographic Code (PSGC) Region Code of 180000000 and shall be composed of the provinces of Negros Occidental (184500000) and Negros Oriental (184600000), including their cities, municipalities, and barangays:
- Correction in the spelling of Barangay Canarom (050503016) from Canaron in the municipality of Daraga, in the province of Albay;
- Correction in the spelling of Barangay Tandarura (050508047) from Tandarora in Ligao City, province of Albay;
- Correction in the spelling of Barangay Segapod (103512012) from Sogapod in the municipality of Maigo, Lanao del Norte: and
- Correction in the spelling of Barangay Binanuahan (052003005) from Binanwahan in the municipality of Bato, in the province of Catanduanes.