As National Statistician
- Directs and supervises the general administration of the PSA;
- Prescribes rules and regulations, instructions, schedule and form of business of the PSA in the collection, compilation and dissemination of statistics and other information and in the conduct of any census;
- Acts as ex-officio Chairperson of the PSA Board Secretariat;
- Directs and manages the implementation and execution of policies, standards, rules and regulations formulated by the PSA Board;
- Issues appointments of PSA personnel below the rank of a Director;
- Represents PSA as signatory to all contracts, researches and other awards;
- Represents the Philippines in regional and international conferences and meetings as the country's highest authority with respect to statistical matters;
- Submits report to the President of the Republic of the Philippines through the NEDA Director-General on the activities of the PSA. Such report shall also be submitted separately in the annual report to Congress during the presentation of the President's budget, and; performs such other functions as may be assigned by the PSA Board.
As Civil Registrar General
Provides overall-direction in the implementation of the Civil Registry Law and related issuances and exercises technical supervision over all civil registrars
- Issues all policies, instructions and standards on civil registration;
- Decides on petitions of administrative corrections in the civil registry pursuant to R.A. 9048 and its IRR; pursuant to Administrative Order No. 1, series of 2001 and R.A. 10172 and its IRR; pursuant to Administrative Order No. 1, series of 2012;
- Acts on policy matters involving the registration of solemnizing officers pursuant to Article 7 of EO 209, the Family Code of the Philippines and its IRR pursuant to Administrative Order No. 1, series of 2008;
- Coordinates with the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and Philippine consular offices on issues concerning civil registration of events occurring to Filipinos abroad and all civil registration issues of Filipinos abroad;
- Coordinates with the Office of the Supreme Court Administrator on concerns involving civil registration of Muslim Filipinos as provided for under EO 157 and PD 1083 and its IRR pursuant to Administrative Order No. 1, series of 2005;
- Coordinates with the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) on the civil registration of indigenous peoples as provided for under Rule VI, Section 8 of R.A. 8371 and its IRR pursuant to Administrative Order No. 3, series of 2004;
- Coordinates with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) on the civil registration of children in need of special protection, and;
- Delegates inspection and visitorial functions over the civil registrars to the Regional Directors and Provincial Statistics Officers.
1. Legal Service
It shall be responsible for providing legal services and advice to the PSA. These matters include legal advice and guidance; prosecution of cases in courts and litigation management; documentation preparation and drafting; and complying documentation with local/international agreements and legislation. Likewise, it shall be responsible in liaising with both Houses of Congress on legislative matters affecting the PSS and CRVSS; assist legislators in facilitating their requests for technical assistance on statistics and civil registration matters; and coordinating commitments of the PSA with the other government agencies in the PSS, GOCCs, academe and the private sector.
2. Statistical Methodology Unit
It shall be responsible for the development of statistical frames for all censuses and surveys and administrative-based reports. Likewise, it shall be responsible for research undertakings in coordination with PSRTI, on the development and improvement of sampling designs, methodologies, economic indices and other indicators estimation and data collection process to enhance the quality of statistics.
3. International Cooperation Unit
It shall be responsible for organizing and managing the application for international cooperation projects and coordinating commitments of the PSA with the UN, ASEAN, and other international bodies and development partners. Likewise, it shall be responsible in formulating policies concerning international cooperation in statistics and civil registration.
4. Planning and Management Service
It shall be responsible in coordinating and supporting corporate planning and management activities in line with the PSA's strategic objectives. Correspondingly, it shall provide advice and assistance to the different units of the PSA and ensuring robust links with the corporate planning process.
Likewise, it shall be responsible in programming and coordinating the regular and special meetings of the PSA Board as well as managing and maintaining all decisions, policies, pronouncements, issuances, and records of the PSA Board.
5. Internal Audit Division
It shall be responsible for establishing internal control systems and procedures; enhancement of individual and unit accountabilities of established systems and procedures; determining cost effectiveness and value for money of major investments and expenditures, and efficiency of operations of the PSA.