Cattle Situation Report, October-December 2021

October 2021 to December 2021

Inventory


As of 01January 2022, the total cattle inventory was estimated at 2.60 million heads. This was -0.4 percent lower compared with the previous year’s same period population of 2.61 million heads. Inventory of cattle both in backyard and commercial farms declined by -0.4 percent and -0.5 percent, respectively. Of the total cattle population, 94.4 percent were raised in backyard farms, while the remaining 5.6 percent were from commercial farms. (Figure 2)

In terms of inventory, Central Visayas reported the highest total cattle population of 327.79 thousand heads. This was followed by CALABARZON with 260.40 thousand heads and Western Visayas with 250.51 thousand heads. These three regions shared 32.3 percent of the total cattle inventory in the country.

Central Visayas reported the highest inventory of cattle in backyard farms with 325.96 thousand heads, while inventory in commercial farms was highest in Cagayan Valley with 36.63 thousand heads.

Industry Performance Reports