Skip to main content

Chicken Egg Situation Report, April to June 2023


As of 30 June 2023, the country’s total chicken laying flock was estimated at 66.96 million birds. This represents a decline of -1.4 percent from the inventory level of 67.87 million birds in the same period of the previous year. The layer chicken inventory recorded a decrease of -2.7 percent, while native/improved chicken inventory grew by 1.4 percent. Of the total laying flock, layer chicken shared 66.1 percent, while the remaining 33.9 percent were native/improved chicken. (Figure 2)

CALABARZON recorded the highest laying flock population of 15.63 million birds during the period. This was followed by Central Luzon and Northern Mindanao with corresponding inventories of 11.11 million birds and 7.74 million birds. These three regions shared 51.5 percent to the country’s total chicken laying flock population as of 30 June 2023.

Figure 2. Distribution and Annual Growth Rate of Chicken Laying Flock Inventory by Type