Duck Situation Report, October-December 2021

October 2021 to December 2021

Inventory


As of 01 January 2022, the total duck inventory was estimated at 12.55 million birds. This was 0.3 percent higher compared with the previous year’s same period population of 12.51 million birds. Inventory in backyard farms grew by 10.6 percent while stocks in commercial farms declined by -20.0 percent. About 73.1 percent was raised in backyard farms, while the remaining 26.9 percent came from commercial farms. (Figure 2)

In terms of inventory, Central Luzon reported the highest total duck population of 3.76 million birds. This was followed by SOCCSKSARGEN with 1.48 million birds and Western Visayas with 1.35 million birds. These three regions accounted for 52.6 percent of the total duck inventory in the country. 

Central Luzon reported the highest inventory of duck in both backyard and commercial farms with 1.57 million birds and 2.20 million birds, respectively.  

Industry Performance Reports