Goat Situation Report, January-March 2020

January 2020 to March 2020

Inventory


As of 01 January 2020, the total goat inventory in the country was estimated at 3.81 million heads.  This was 1.5 percent higher than the 3.76 million heads in the same period of 2019. Of the total goat population, 98.6 percent were raised in backyard farms while the remaining 1.4 percent were from commercial farms.

Among all ages, does and bucks had a combined share of 50.8 percent to the total inventory while the remaining 49.2 percent were combined stocks of kids and goats of other ages. (Figure 2 and Table 2)

Industry Performance Reports