Major Non-Food and Industrial Crops Quarterly Bulletin, October-December 2022

October 2022 to December 2022


  • The production of sugarcane for this quarter was up to 6.68 million metric tons, or an increase of 18.7 percent from the 7.93 million metric tons production during the same quarter of the previous year.
  • Sugarcane for Centrifugal sugar, which is 99.3 percent of the total sugarcane production, contributed the most to the growth of total sugarcane production. The remaining 0.7 percent was the collective shares of Ethanol, Panocha/Muscovado, Chewing, and Basi/Vinegar.
  • Western Visayas continued to be the leading producer of sugarcane with 5.92 million metric tons or 74.6 percent of the total sugarcane production during the quarter. Northern Mindanao came next with 11.6 percent share.
  • Sugarcane’s area harvested from July to December 2022 was recorded at 158.55 thousand hectares, which increased by 19.2 percent from the area harvested of 133.06 thousand hectares in the same period of 2021. Most of this area was intended for centrifugal sugar that contributed 153.29 thousand hectares.