Major Non-Food and Industrial Crops Quarterly Bulletin, October-December 2019

October 2019 to December 2019

Tobacco

  • During the period October to December 2019, production of tobacco declined by 48.4 percent, from 1.10 thousand metric tons in the same period of 2018 to 0.57 thousand metric tons this quarter.
  • Northern Mindanao, which contributed 98.4 percent to the country’s total tobacco production, was the major producer of tobacco for this quarter. The remaining 1.6 percent share was the output of the remaining six tobacco-producing regions.
  • Of the total tobacco production, Native tobacco variety was produced more at 78.3 percent than Virginia variety at 21.7 percent. There was no production of Burley tobacco for this quarter.