The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) is now calling for entries to the 27th National Statistics Month (NSM) Awards. The awards to be given are the following:
- Best Statistical Activity Conducted by a Government Organization
- Best Statistical Activity Conducted by a Private Organization
- Best Region
- Best Youth Group Advocate for Statistics
The NSM awards have been instituted since 2002 as a means of providing incentives to participating agencies/organizations in the observance of the NSM. The awards are given in acknowledgement of the outstanding participation of government agencies, regional offices, private sector, and youth organizations in the NSM celebration and to further encourage them to be more active in their involvement in the observance of future celebrations of the NSM.
The NSM is conducted annually pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 647, s.1990 “Declaring the Month of October of Every Year as the National Statistics Month,” in order to promote, enhance, and instill nationwide awareness and appreciation of the importance and value of statistics to the different sectors of society.
Nominations for the awards and supporting documents must be submitted on or before 31 July 2017 to the 27th NSM Awards Secretariat c/o:
Ms. Lotis I. Ira
Chief Statistical Specialist
Statistical Policies and Programs Division
Philippine Statistics Authority
17th Floor Eton Centris Cyberpod Three,
EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
Telephone No.: (632) 376-1928/(632) 376-1931
Telefax No.: (632) 376-1867
Winners who will each receive a plaque and cash prize will be announced during the 28th NSM Opening Ceremony on 2 October 2017 at a venue to be announced later.
Winners of the 26th NSM Awards were:
- Best Statistical Activity Conducted by a Government Organization - “An Outreach with the Youth on Environmental Awareness and Education Lecture Series” by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
- Best Statistical Activity Conducted by a Private Organization – Progressive Economists’ Solidarity (PESO) Week and NSM Celebration by Saint Louis University (SLU)
- Best Region - Region I
- Best Youth Group Advocate for Statistics - UP Statistical Society
For nomination forms and further details on the NSM Awards, please visit http://psa.gov.ph/nsm-awards/announcements/27th%20NSM%20Awards.
LISA GRACE S. BERSALES
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
and Chairperson, 28th NSM Steering Committee