About the PhilSys Registry Office (PRO)
The Philippine Statistics Authority is the primary implementing agency to carry out the provisions of the PhilSys Act. To ensure the implementation of the provision of RA 11055, the PhilSys Registry Office (PRO), directly under the Office of the National Statistician, was created as a dedicated unit to oversee the overall planning, management and administration of the PhilSys. The PRO is also mandated to issue rules in the implementation and enhancement of the PhilSys, including but not limited to registration, authentication and data governance.
Further, the PRO is mandated to ensure the integrity and security of information stored in the PhilSys Registry in accordance with the PhilSys Act. The PSA, through the PRO, shall issue guidelines and undertake measures to ensure secure, reliable, and efficient authentication of PhilSys record upon the request of authorized government and private entities. It is also mandated to collaborate with Local Government Units (LGUs), other government agencies, and Government Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs) in order to ensure registration and enrolment of all citizens and resident aliens into the PhilSys including the indigenous cultural communities/indigenous peoples (ICCs/IPs) and those located in remote localities.
Headed by the Deputy National Statistician, the PRO has two (2) service-level units supervised by the Assistant National Statisticians:
Registration and Systems Management Service (RSMS)
• Oversee the registration/enrolment of individuals into the PhilSys and promulgate rules and regulations governing the conduct of the registration process;
• Establish and manage the PhilSys Registry, as well as the safeguarding of its data, information, and records generated;
• Develop and maintain a procedure/system for the authentication of identity of individuals;
• To promulgate rules and regulations relative to authentication and data management and ensure the integrity and security of the same; and
• Coordinate with various government agencies as regards to the establishment of PhilSys Registration Centers.
RSMS has four (4) division-level units with the following mandates:
1. Registration Management Division (RMD)
• Establish business rules and workflows for the life cycle of the registration process, and oversee the conduct of the same;
• Collaborate with national government agencies and local government units to ensure the enrolment of citizens and resident aliens into the PhilSys; and
• Manage the deployment of staff in the registration centers, and address issues and concerns encountered therein.
2. Identity Validation and Investigation Division (IVID)
• Recommend the approval of the enrolment of new applicants into the PhilSys;
• Validate, investigate, resolve, and monitor potential duplication of individuals being enrolled into the PhilSys, based on existing demographics and biometric standards;
• Adjudicate and recommend legal remedies and actions on all identity duplication cases/disputes and fraudulent entries/records; and
• Promulgate rules and regulations relative to the authentication of PhilSys records.
3. ID Processing and Management Division (IDPMD)
• Oversee the design, production, personalization, printing, issuance, and distribution of the PhilIDs to citizens and resident aliens
4. Infrastructure and Systems Management Division (ISMD)
• Establish and maintain a data center that will store PhilSys data and information, as well as related hardware, software and network infrastructure;
• Administer, update, and ensure the configuration and functionality of various ICT equipment, facilities, applications, and systems based on the technical and security requirements of the PhilSys;
• Manage the deployment of registration kits to the registration centers, as well as maintain the ICT resources of the PhilSys; and
• Monitor the flow of data and information from the registration and authentication centers to the PhilSys.
Policy Coordination and Monitoring Service (PCMS)
• Undertake overall policy coordination, planning, management and monitoring of PhilSys.
• Recommend appropriate organizational, technical and physical security measures for the protection of data, information, and records gathered/generated from the PhilSys
• Coordinate with various government agencies as regards the establishment of registration centers for the PhilSys.
PCMS has two (2) division-level units with the following mandates:
1. Planning and Policy Coordination Division (PPCD)
• Formulate and develop plans, policies, guidelines, procedures, programs, and projects for the sustainability of the PhilSys, and develop a communication awareness campaign on the PhilSys and monitor the same;
• Monitor the implementation of policies, decisions, and resolutions promulgated by the PhilSys Policy and Coordination Council (PSPCC), and coordinate the same with government agencies concerned; and
• Perform secretariat functions for the PSPCC.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation Division (MED)
• Formulate policies, guidelines, and procedures to address risks, facilitate risk management activities, and oversee the implementation of organizational security measures relative to the operations of the PhilSys
• Establish an M&E system, facilitate M&E activities, and prepare risk M&E reports on the integrity and security of the PhilSys
• Conduct data analyses, researches, and studies on emerging issues and trends that may affect the operations of the PhilSys.
MOA and Identification of Registration Center Location Status for PhilSys Registration Activities
as of 16 February 2021
In cooperation with the Department of Interior and Local Government, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) is ensuring continued progress in the establishment of partnerships with local government units (LGUs) through a Memorandum of Agreement for registration activities in 664 municipalities and 32 provinces nationwide... Read more about MOA and Identification of Registration Center Location Status for PhilSys Registration Activities.