- To serve as fora for the exchange of views and expertise to resolve technical issues and problems arising from the production, dissemination, and use of statistics;
- To recommend to the Board appropriate measures for the improvement of statistics, including the statistical frameworks, methodologies and processes for the generation and dissemination of statistics; and
- To recommend to the Board an efficient workable scheme for the allocation of agency responsibilities in the production, dissemination, and archiving of statistics.
- retention of the existing compositions of the following TCs, IACs and TF for CY 2012 (Annex BR-03-20120209-01): Technical Committee on Population and Housing Statistics; Technical Committee on Price Statistics; Technical Committee on the Seasonal Adjustment of Philippine Time Series; Technical Committee on Statistical Standards and Classifications; Technical Committee on Survey Design; Interagency Committee on Education Statistics; Interagency Committee on Foreign Direct Investment Statistics; Interagency Committee on Gender Statistics; Interagency Committee on Information and Communications Technology Statistics; Interagency Committee on Statistical Information Management and Dissemination; Interagency Committee on Tourism Statistics; Interagency Committee on Trade Statistics; Task Force on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Statistics;
- reconstitution of the Technical Committee on Poverty Statistics (Annex BR-03-20120209-02), the Interagency Committee on Agriculture and Fishery Statistics (Annex BR-03-20120209-03), the Interagency Committee on Environment and Natural Resources Statistics (Annex BR-03-20120209-04), the Interagency Committee on Health and Nutrition Statistics (Annex BR-03-20120209-05), the Interagency Committee on Labor and Productivity Statistics (Annex BR-03-20120209-06), and the Interagency Committee on Security Sector Statistics (Annex BR-03-20120209-07); and
- reconstitution and renaming of the Interagency Committee on Science and Technology Statistics into the Interagency Committee on Science, Technology and Innovation Statistics (Annex BR-03-20120209-08).
BE IT RESOLVED FURTHER, that the above TCs/IACs/TF shall prioritize outputs that will address the more urgent statistical concerns such as those required to carry out the programs set forth in the Philippine Development Plan 2011-2016 and Philippine Statistical Development Program 2011-2017.