Agriculture, Fishing, Forestry and Hunting

2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Fishing Sector : Final Results

There were an estimated total number of 1,129 fishing establishments in the entire country, according to the results of the 2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry. Majority (82.2 percent or 928 establishments) were accounted by fishing establishments with average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 workers. The remaining 17.8 percent comprised of 201 fishing establishments with ATE of 20 and more workers.

2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Agriculture and Forestry Sector : Final Results

The 2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) covered a total of 3,022 agriculture and forestry establishments nationwide. Almost three-fourths of these (73.7 percent or 2,227) were agriculture and forestry establishments with average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 workers and the remaining 26.3 percent (795 establishments) accounted for establishments with ATE of 20 or more workers.

2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Agriculture, Hunting And Forestry Sector : Final Results

Number of Agriculture and Forestry Establishments Decreases

In 2003, there were 2,951establishments engaged in business operations in the agriculture, hunting and forestry sector according to the 2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry. The number of establishments decreased by 2.4 percent from 3,022 establishments recorded in the year 2001. More than three-fourths (76.0% or 2,242) of these establishments have an average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 workers and the remaining 24.6 percent accounted for establishments with ATE of 20 workers or more.

More than one-fourth (26.1% or 185 establishments) of the total establishments with ATE of 20 or more workers were located in Western Visayas (Region 6). Davao (Region 11) came in second with 130 establishments or 18.3 percent.

Animal farming industry dominated the sector with establishments count of 1,376 or 46.6 percent of the total. This was followed by establishments engaged in growing of crops, (32.3%), agricultural services (19.1%), and forestry related activities (2.0%). However, there was no establishment engaged in hunting, trapping and game propagation and related service activities in 2003. Figure 1 shows the distribution of establishments by industry division in 2003 for the agriculture, hunting and forestry sector.

2005 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Fishing Sector : Preliminary Results

There were a total of 1,052 fishing establishments in operation all over the country according to the 2005 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI). Majority of this number (86.8%) were accounted by fishing establishments with average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 workers while the remaining 13.2 percent comprised fishing establishments with ATE of 20 and more workers.

2005 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Agriculture and Forestry Sector : Preliminary Results

The total number of establishments in the agriculture and forestry sector in 2005 was estimated to be 3.295. Of the total establishments' count. majority (79.1%) were agriculture and forestry establishments with average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 and the remaining 20.9 percent were establishments with ATE of 20 and more.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Agriculture, Fishing, Forestry and Hunting