ASPBI

2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business And Industry (ASPBI) - Manufacturing for Establishments with Average Total Employment of 20 or More : Preliminary Results

National Capital Region leads in number of manufacturing establishments

The number of manufacturing establishments with average total employment (ATE) of 20 or more workers reached 5,899 in 2003. Food manufactures except beverages dominated the sector with 960 establishments or 16.3 percent of the total. Wearing apparel ranked second with 700 establishments (11.9%) while chemical products followed with 378 establishments (6.4%).

2. Almost half (47.3%) or 2,789 of the manufacturing establishments with ATE 20 or more were located in the National Capital Region. A far second was CALABARZON with 1,343 establishments (22.8%). Central Visayas and Central Luzon accounted for 539 (9.1%) and 519 (8.8%) establishments, respectively. (See Figure 1)

2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) Mining And Quarrying Sector : Preliminary Results

Number of Establishments Dropped to 187

The 2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) estimated the total number of establishments engaged in mining and quarrying activities to be 187, down by 41percent from the 317 establishments in business operations during the year 2001. The number of establishments in all industries under this sector registered negative growth rates ranging from 50 percent for the stone quarrying, clay and sand pits industry and 33.1 percent for the non-metallic mining and quarrying industries. Figure 1 shows a comparison of the total number of mining and quarrying establishments in 2003 and 2001.

2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Agriculture, Hunting And Forestry Sector : Final Results

Number of Agriculture and Forestry Establishments Decreases

In 2003, there were 2,951establishments engaged in business operations in the agriculture, hunting and forestry sector according to the 2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry. The number of establishments decreased by 2.4 percent from 3,022 establishments recorded in the year 2001. More than three-fourths (76.0% or 2,242) of these establishments have an average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 workers and the remaining 24.6 percent accounted for establishments with ATE of 20 workers or more.

More than one-fourth (26.1% or 185 establishments) of the total establishments with ATE of 20 or more workers were located in Western Visayas (Region 6). Davao (Region 11) came in second with 130 establishments or 18.3 percent.

Animal farming industry dominated the sector with establishments count of 1,376 or 46.6 percent of the total. This was followed by establishments engaged in growing of crops, (32.3%), agricultural services (19.1%), and forestry related activities (2.0%). However, there was no establishment engaged in hunting, trapping and game propagation and related service activities in 2003. Figure 1 shows the distribution of establishments by industry division in 2003 for the agriculture, hunting and forestry sector.

2005 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Agriculture and Forestry Sector : Preliminary Results

The total number of establishments in the agriculture and forestry sector in 2005 was estimated to be 3.295. Of the total establishments' count. majority (79.1%) were agriculture and forestry establishments with average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 and the remaining 20.9 percent were establishments with ATE of 20 and more.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - ASPBI