Health and Social Work

2016 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Human Health and Social Work Activities Sector For Establishments with Total Employment of 20 and over: Preliminary Results

Preliminary results of the 2016 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) showed that a total of 1,068 establishments with total employment (TE) of 20 and over were engaged in Human Health and Social Work Activities.

2014 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Human Health and Social Work Activities : Final Results

The total number of establishments in the human health and social work activities sector was estimated at 6,729 according to final results of the 2014 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry. About 85.3 percent or 5,741 establishments of the total number of the sector belong to establishments with total employment (TE) of less than 20 and the remaining 14.7 percent were establishments with TE of 20 and over.

2013 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Human Health and Social Work Activities : Final Results

Hospital industry leads the sector

Final results of the 2013 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry covered a total of 6,673 establishments engaged in Human health and social work activities. About 5,673 or 85.0 percent were establishments with total employment (TE) less than 20 and the remaining 1,000 or 15.0 percent were composed of establishments with total employment of 20 and over.

Among industry groups, medical and dental practice activities led the sector with 4,961 establishments. This accounted for 74.3 percent of the total number of establishments. Hospital activities came next with 944 establishments or 14.1percent while other social work activities without accommodation, n.e.c. ranked third with 417 establishments or 6.2 percent.

The remaining 351 establishments or 5.3 percent of the total were engaged in the following:

• Other human health activities, 137 establishments (2.1%)
• Other residential care activities, n.e.c, 101 establishments (1.5%)
• Residential care activities for mental retardation, mental health and substance abuse, 87 establishments (1.3%)
• Social work activities without accommodation for the elderly and disabled, 16 establishments (0.2%)
• Residential nursing care facilities, 7 establishments (0.1%)
• Residential care activities for the elderly and disabled, 3 establishments (0.04%)

2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Human Health and Social Work Activities : Final Results

Medical and dental practices lead the section

The final results of the 2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) conducted nationwide for Human health and social work activities reported a total of 4,451 establishments. As shown in Figure 1, medical and dental practices activities garnered the highest number of establishments at 3,342 (75.1%). This was followed by establishments engaged in hospital activities with 871 (19.6%). Ranked third are the combined establishments engaged in social work activities without accommodation with 103 (2.3%). The rest of the activities contributed about 3.0 percent of the total.

2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry - Human Health and Social Work for Establishments with Total Employment of 20 and Over : Preliminary Results

Hospital activities lead the section

Preliminary results of the 2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry showed that a total of 730 establishments with total employment (TE) of 20 and over were engaged in Human Health and Social Activities.

As shown in Table 1, hospital activities garnered the highest number of establishments with 512 (70.1%). Medical and dental activities ranked far second with 174 (23.8 %), followed by other social work activities without accommodation, n.e.c. with 21 or 2.9 percent. On the other hand, other human health activities recorded the lowest number with 4 (0.5%). Figure 1 shows the percent distribution of establishments by industry group.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Health and Social Work