Description of LFS
The employment rate in July 2019 was estimated at 94.6 percent. In July 2018, the employment rate was the same at 94.6 percent. The labor force participation rate (LFPR) in July 2019 was estimated at 62.1 percent given the population 15 years old and over of 73.1 million. The LFPR in July 2018 was 60.1 percent. The labor force population consists of the employed and the unemployed 15 years old and over.
In January 2019, the total population 15 years old and over was estimated at 72.5 million wherein the number of persons who were in the labor force was reported at 43.7 million. This placed the labor force participation rate (LFPR) at 60.2 percent, which means that six in ten of the population aged 15 years and over were either employed or unemployed.
SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII) had the highest reported LFPR with 63.3 percent while the lowest LFPR reported was in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) at 47.7 percent (Table 1 and Figure 1).
The number of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who worked abroad at anytime during the period April to September 2018 was estimated at 2.3 million. Overseas Contract Workers (OCWs) with existing work contract comprised 96.2 percent of the total OFWs during the period April to September 2018. The rest (3.8%) worked overseas without contract.