Overseas Workers

Total Number of OFWs Estimated at 2.2 Million

Based on the results of the 2019 Survey on Overseas Filipinos, the number of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who worked abroad at any time during the period April to September 2019 was estimated at 2.2 million. Overseas Contract Workers (OCWs) or those with existing work contract comprised 96.8 percent of the total OFWs during the said period. The rest who worked overseas without contract accounted for 3.2 percent (Table 1).

Total Number of OFWs Estimated at 2.3 Million (Results from the 2018 Survey on Overseas Filipinos)

The number of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who worked abroad at anytime during the period April to September 2018 was estimated at 2.3 million. Overseas Contract Workers (OCWs) with existing work contract comprised 96.2 percent of the total OFWs during the period April to September 2018. The rest (3.8%) worked overseas without contract (Table 1).

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Overseas Workers