Overseas Workers

Total Number of OFWs Estimated at 2.2 Million (Results from the 2016 Survey on Overseas Filipinos)

The number of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who worked abroad at anytime during the period April to September 2016 was estimated at 2.2 million. Overseas Contract Workers (OCWs) or those with existing work contract comprised 97.5 percent of the total OFWs during the period April to September 2016. The rest (2.5 %) worked overseas without contract.

2015 Survey on Overseas Filipinos

The number of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who worked abroad at anytime during the period April to September 2015 was estimated at 2.4 million. Overseas Contract Workers (OCWs) or those with existing work contract comprised 97.1 percent of the total OFWs during the period April to September 2015. The rest (2.9%) worked overseas without contract (Table 1 and Figure 1).

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Overseas Workers