Transport and Storage

2015 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Transportation and Storage Sector For All Establishments: Final Results

The final results of the 2015 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) showed that a total of 2,680 establishments in the formal sector of the economy were engaged in Transportation and Storage activities.

Among industries, freight forwarding services had the highest number of establishments with 566 or 21.1 percent of the total establishments in the sector. Freight truck operation followed closely with 519 establishments or 19.4 percent. Customs brokerage (ship and aircraft) ranked third with 233 establishments or 8.7 percent. Figure 1 illustrates the percentage distribution of establishments for the sector by industry sub-class in 2015.

2014 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Transportation and Storage: Final Results

Final results of the 2014 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry showed that a total of 2,581 establishments engaged in transportation and storage. More than half of the total were establishments with total employment (TE) of less than 20 with 1,469 establishments or 56.9 percent and the remaining 1,112 or 43.1 percent were composed of establishments with total employment of (TE) 20 and over.

For industry groups, support activities for transportation had the highest number of establishment which accounted for nearly half (47.0%) or 1,212 of the total. This was followed by establishments engaged in other land transport with 680 establishments or 26.3 percent while transport via buses ranked third with 256 establishments or 9.9 percent. Figure 1 shows the percentage distribution of establishments by industry group.

2014 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Transport and Storage Sector For Establishments with Total Employment of 20 and Over : Preliminary Results

Preliminary results of the 2014 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) showed that the Philippines had a total of 1,108 establishments with Total Employment of 20 and over engaged in Transport and storage sector. Support activities for transportation topped the sector with 445 establishments or 40.2 percent. This was followed by industries engaged in other land transport and transport via buses with 287 establishments (25.9%) and 151 establishments (13.6%), respectively. Figure 1 shows the percentage distribution of establishments by industry group in 2014.

2013 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Transportation and Storage: Final Results

Support activities for transportation accounts for the biggest number of establishments

The final results of the 2013 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry shows that there were 2,544 establishments engaged in Transportation and storage activities nationwide. More than half of the total were establishments with Total Employment of less than 20 with 1,429 establishments or 56.2 percent while the remaining 1,115 were establishments with Total Employment of 20 and over. Among industry, support activities for transportation had the most number of establishments with 1,195 establishments or 47.0 percent to total number of establishments. This was followed by industry engaged in other land transport and transport via buses with 661 establishments (26.0%) and 268 establishments (10.5%), respectively. Figure 1 displays the percentage distribution of establishments by industry group in 2013.

2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry - Transport and Storage for Establishments with Total Employment of 20 and Over: Preliminary Results

Support activities for transportation industry leads Transport and Storage Sector

Based on the preliminary results of the 2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry (CPBI), there are 1,000 establishments with Total Employment (TE) of 20 and over engaged in Transport and Storage sector. Support activities for transportation topped the sector with 423 establishments or 42.3 percent, majority of which were engaged in freight forwarding services and cargo handling, auxiliary activity to water transport comprising 58.2 percent of the total establishments. This was followed by industries engaged in other land transport and transport via buses industries with 236 establishments (23.6%) and 145 establishments (14.5%), respectively. Figure 1 shows the percent distribution of establishments by industry group in 2012.

Subscribe to RSS - Transport and Storage