Transport Storage and Communications

2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry - Transport and Storage for All Establishments : Final Results

Based on the final results of the 2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry (CPBI), there were 2,327 establishments engaged in Transport and Storage sector. Establishments with total employment (TE) of less than 20 represented 1,224 (52.6%) of the total establishments while 1,103 (47.4%) were establishments with TE of 20 and over.

2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Transport and Storage : Final Results

Support activities for transportation industry dominates Transport and Storage Sector

According to the final results of the 2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI), there were 2,891 establishments engaged in Transport and Storage sector. Support activities for transportation topped the sector with 1,433 establishments or 49.6 percent. Majority of establishments under this industry group were engaged in freight forwarding services and customs brokerage (ship and aircraft) comprising 78.4 percent of the total establishments in the industry group. This was followed by other land transport and transport via buses industries with 639 establishments (22.1%) and 303 establishments (10.5%), respectively. Figure 1 shows the percent distribution of establishments by industry group in 2010.

2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry - Transport and Storage for Establishments with Total Employment of 20 and Over : Preliminary Results

Support activities for transportation industry dominates Transport and Storage Sector

From the preliminary results of the 2010 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI), the Philippines had a total of 777 establishments with Total Employment (TE) of 20 and over engaged in Transport and Storage sector. Support activities for transportation topped the sector with 313 establishments or 40.3 percent. This was followed by Other land transport and Transport via buses industries with 150 establishments (19.3%) and 128 establishments (16.4%), respectively. Figure 1 shows the percent distribution of establishments by industry group in 2010.

2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Transport, Storage and Communications : Preliminary Results

Supporting auxiliary transport activities; activities of travel agencies dominated the sector in terms of number of establishments

The 2002 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) for transport, storage and communications sector covered 9,640 establishments. Establishments with an average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 employees represented 87.7 percent of the total establishments while the remaining 12.3 percent were establishments with an average total employment (ATE) of 20 and over. (See Table 1 to Table 3)

2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) - Transport, Storage and Communications : Preliminary Results

The 2003 Annual Survey of Philippine Business and Industry (ASPBI) for transport, storage and communications sector covered 9,276 establishments. Establishments with an average total employment (ATE) of less than 20 employees represented 89.3 percent (8,280 establishments) of the total establishments while the remaining 10.7 percent (996 establishments) were establishments with an average total employment (ATE) of 20 or more.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Transport Storage and Communications