Monday, March 5, 2018
On 27 February 2018, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) granted clearance to the conduct of the Survey of Metalworking Industry: Die and Mold Sector of the Metals Industry Research Development Center (MIRDC) under the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).
The survey aims to determine the present status of die and mold sector by collecting information on the general, industrial, market and technical profile that can be used to inform plans and programs that aim develop the industry. Specifically, the survey aims to assess the need for facilities upgrading, workforce skills development, investment incentives that will help improve the die and mold sector through the implementation of the most appropriate programs by the government and various relevant organizations.
The data items to be collected in the survey include the following:
- general information of establishments
- employment of establishments
- export market
- indicator such as production and sales
- equipment, instruments utilized and raw materials used
- problems, issues and concerns in die and mold sector
- business outlook and plans
The survey will collect data from die and mold establishments located in the National Capital Region (NCR), Region III (Central Luzon), Region IVA (CALABARZON), Region VII (Central Visayas), and Region XI (Davao Region) and will start in March 2018. A total budget of Php 750,000.00 will be utilized for personal services, maintenance and other operating expenses (MOOE) such as travelling expenses, supplies and printing of materials and capital outlay.
Results of the survey are expected to be released in September 2018.
The survey was reviewed and cleared for conduct under the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS), a mechanism being implemented by the PSA by virtue of Rule 28 of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 10625 to:
- ensure sound design for data collection;
- minimize the burden placed upon respondents;
- effect economy in statistical data collection;
- eliminate unnecessary duplication of statistical data collection efforts; and
- achieve better coordination of government statistical activities.
In line with this, the PSA enjoins establishments in the regions covered to support the said survey.
For further information on SSRCS, please contact the Statistical Standards Division (SSD) of the Standards Service (SS) with telephone numbers
(02) 376-1928 and (02) 376-1931, and email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR THE NATIONAL STATISTICIAN
ROMEO S. RECIDE
(Deputy National Statistician)
See more at the Statistical Survey Review and Clearance System (SSRCS) landing page.